Let the train take the strain as you sit back, relax and travel through the heart of the English countryside. Whether you are taking a trip down memory lane or creating new ones, it’s the perfect way to unwind and experience the nostalgic sights, sounds and smells of steam travel from a bygone age.
We are open every weekend from mid-February to the end of October, daily during school holidays and midweek from May until September.
The Mid Hants Railway was saved from closure in the 1970s and the line re-opened to visitors in 1977. As a charity, our mission is to preserve part of the country’s railway heritage for generations to come, and any profit generated from your visit enables us to do so.
Did you know?
• Virtually everyone you meet during your visit is a volunteer; from station staff and guards, to signalmen and loco crews.
• We have four period stations along a ten mile route between Alresford and Alton
(NB Steam trains will not be operating to or from Alton station until the end of July 2019.)
• Your ticket gives you all day unlimited travel so you can hop on and off as you wish, exploring both the stations and surrounding area
• We welcome group visits and offer special tours and discounts rates for 15+
• One free adult carer per full fare paying disable child or adult
• Dogs and bicycles travel free
• Check out our events we have throughout the year