Winchester Science Centre is more than a day out. It’s a chance to spark your children’s curiosity in science which could lead them on an...(see more)
About this Event
Our dedicated quiet hours provide an opportunity to experience the Science Centre in a calm and relaxed environment, developed for children with sensory sensitivities and their families.
Explore the exhibition floor at your own pace, without the hustle and bustle! Our quiet sessions include some special adjustments to make your visit more comfortable and enjoyable:
- We will not be open to the general public
- Lighting levels will be lowered where possible
- No tannoy announcements will be made during the hour
- Additional sensory activities will be running
- Extra relaxed screenings will be showing in the planetarium. See our planetarium listings page for more information.
- Our team of Inspirers will be on hand to help
Following the quiet hour, visitors are welcome to stay for the whole day.
Dates and Times
Tuesday 29 October: 17:15 – 18:15
Tuesday 14 November: 16:15* – 17:15
Friday 20 December: 08:30 – 09:30
Wednesday 22 January: 16:15* – 17:15
Monday 17 February: 17:15 – 18:15
Wednesday 15 April: 08:30 - 09:30
*Please note that although the official quiet hour start time is 16:15, we expect the centre to be relatively quiet from 2pm onwards on these days.
We do hope you enjoy this new initiative. Please do provide any feedback to our team on the day.
Starts: 29 Oct '19 8:00am
Ends: 15 Apr '20 5:00pm