Book tickets on the Winchester Science Centre website. Book at least 3 days in advance and save 25% on admission to the Centre! You will also have the option to reserve a free live science show, which is recommended to guarantee your place.
Links for this Event
About this Event
It’s a well-known fact that as a nation we love to talk about the weather. But what about the science behind it? Winchester Science Centre will be exploring exciting extreme weather this November!
• Discover extreme weather in a dramatic live science show exploring everything from terrific tornados to electrifying lightning - shows will take place at 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00 & 15:00
• Inspirers will be roaming the exhibition floor with exciting busking activities including 'make your own cloud'
• Investigate extreme coastal flooding with the University of Southampton SOCO group and their awesome storm surge tank - build your own flood defences and see if you can beat the wave! Available 11 November.
• Meet the experts! Meteorologists from the Met Office will be on-site on 17 November to answer all your burning questions.
• More exciting activities TBC!
Starts: 10 Nov '18 10:00am
Ends: 11 Nov '18 5:00pm
- Winter Paddling
- Winter Archery
- Mother’s Day Paddle to the Pub with New Forest Activities
- Canoe Easter Egg Hunts with New Forest Activities
- Holiday Adventure Day with New Forest Activities
- Papa’s Paddle to the Pub with New Forest Activities
- Evening Paddle to the Pub with New Forest Activities
- Spooky Halloween River Tour with New Forest Activities
- Christmas Canoe Paddle with New Forest Activities
- Beaulieu River Tours with New Forest Activities